PRIDE OF THE POTTERIES ONE LOFT RACE—RULES
1. The race is to be named Pride Of The Potteries One Loft Race
2. The Committee are the one loft managers and owners.
3. Entry is open to all RPRA members and any other recognised union
4. The Entry Fee is £125 per pigeon
5. A £30 deposit per pigeon non-refundable will secure your place/s
6. The maximum capacity at the moment is 750 pigeons
7. Full payment must be made on or before the arrival of the pigeons to the loft.
8. Cheques should be made payable to I.FRADLEY
9. All pigeons must be rung with the year of the race series.
10. All entries to be posted to the Pride Of The Potteries 42 Douglass Rd Crossheath Newcastle under Lyme Staffs ST5 9BJ.
11. All Transfer forms and pedigrees Must be brought in on the arrival of your birds entering the pride of potteries one loft.
12. The loft is open for acceptance of youngsters between the 13th March and the 28th of April 2020.Birds will only be accepted on Wednesdays 10am to 2pm and weekends between 10am and 2pm.Deliveries by courier any day with a prior arrangement with the loft manager I.Fradley (07849214640).
13. All the relevant details of the ets ring and registration ring will be entered on a protected computer data base.
14. All young birds must be between 35 and 45 days old when delivered to the loft.
15. All pigeons entered and reported as lost will be repatriated to the loft.
16. All pigeons will be inoculated against paramyxovirus on arrival to the lofts even if you have already done them yourselves.
17. No entries from the loft manager or managers will be accepted.
18. No replacement/substitutions or refunds for pigeons lost or fatalities will be permitted.
19. The loft will be maintained in a secure area and has a up to date security system in operation.
20. An electric clocking system will be installed and used for some training tosses and all 3 hotspot races and the Final race.
21. All youngsters will carry a telephone no belonging to the loft manager to assist repatriation of any lost birds (RPRA Rule 121)
22. The route from the races will be South. The anticipated training and race programme are subject to confirmation at the loft managers discretion.
23. The lib sites for the 3 hot spot races and the Final race will be confirmed and publicised prior to each of these races.
24. It is anticipated that the Hot Spot Races will take place from Hullavigton, Wincanton,and Portland.(and the final race been flown from france.) If these races cannot be held on the appointed days due to inclement weather the loft manager will have the right to move these to another date or race point and all pool monies and prize money will be flown for on the 1st available date with the loft managers discretion.
25. The loft manager will have the final say on any training races or hot spot races as he is best at unforeseen circumstances such as poor weather or illness of birds etc.
26. There will be a comprehensive training program to give the birds the best chance of fulfilling their abilities.
27. The PRIDE OR THE POTTERIES OLR Licence no (to be advised by the RPRA ).
28. Anticipated prize money for the 3 Hotspot races based on 480 entries 1st = £500 2nd = £250 3rd = £150 and 4th = £100 5th – 8th = £50 each.
29. Anticipated prize money for the final race based on 480 entries 1st = £13000 2nd = £5000 3rd = £2500 4th = £1000 5th = ££750 6th = £600 7th = £500 8th = £400 9th = £300 10th = £200 11th = £175 12th = £150 13th = £125 14th 15th and 16th also £125 each 17th = £100 these would be increased should the birdage be significantly higher than 480 entries. Details of higher prize money would be published in the fancy press or on Facebook or the pride of the potteries web site.
30. There will be a trophy for the winner of the final race and the top ten pigeon in the final race will receive a medallion.
31. There will be an Ace pigeon award for the pigeon with the best average over the 3 hotspot races and the final race. This will be the pigeon with the best overall velocity over the four races. Should there be a tie then the pigeon that finishes highest in the last race will l be judged the winner of the ace pigeon award and will receive £1000.
32. All races will close at 330 yrds per minute.
33. Pools are optional and for those who participating. Pool money will be as follows all 3 hotspot races and the final race: £1 £2 £3 £4 £5 £10 £20 £30 £40 £50 and will be paid on a 40% 30% 20% and 10% basis (all pools will be less 15% for administration cost) In the event of insufficient pigeons in any of these races to win all the pool monies the remainder will be equally shared between those pigeons timed in to those pools . In the event of no pool birds being timed in race time individual pool money will be refunded to the fancier(s) who enter such pools less 20% admin.
34. News of the pride of the potteries olr races will be published on Facebook and our web page or in the fancy press.
35. Objections must be lodged with the loft manager in writing within 7 days of the results being made public.
36. All hot spot races and the final race result’s will be easily accessible to competitors and the general public either on face book or the fancy press or on our web site.
37. After the final race all birds home will be sold (auctioned) and the owner will receive 50% of the monies raised and the other 50% will go to the Pride of the Potteries olr this is after all sales costs have been paid eg auctioneers cost. This also applies to fancy a flutter pigeon’s. Fancy a flutter pigeons may be purchased for the sum of £125 before the first hot spot race depending on there being any available. Any pigeons without pedigrees provided by their owners will only receive 20%.
38. In all hotspot races and the final race a member of the management team or a designated official will be present at the loft at basketing and on clocking. The decision of the PRIDE OF THE POTTERIES OLR management is final.